1. I’m an extremely lucky girl. (In large part proven by my AWESOME man, three AMAZING children, SUPPORTIVE parents, and deeply LOVELY friends).
2. The best present I ever got was a unicycle when I was 10 (which I got to totally relive when Justin surprised me and replaced my long lost unicycle a few years ago).
3. I did a lot of my growing up barefoot in Berkeley.
4. I’ve always danced and made dances. Sometimes I've gotten to travel to cool places to do it.
5. I teach Contact Improv dance at UCLA. I also have a private practice as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner and an Alexander Technique Teacher, which means I get to help people let go of trauma, pain and muscular tensions that get in the way of moving freely in their bodies (cool stuff).
6. I was a die hard tomboy until my daughter showed me the amazing feats that can be done in princess dresses!
7. I recently fought in a Jiu Jitzu, No Gi, Grappling Competition (this is humorous to people who know me for some reason--they roll their eyes and snicker). I decided, as I was slamming this girl down on her back (and instinctively put my hand under her head so she wouldn’t get hurt when her head hit the floor), that I am a mother, a mover, a healer, but I am no fighter--it was a totally cool experience though....and hey, I won a medal!!
I tag Brian Oakley, you're up CRAZYWALRUS!